During presidential election times, it's hard to avoid the constant buzz and controversial political jockeying that fills the airwaves and internet tubes. Yet here is another political essay, but in a different style - a condensed list of Sarah Palin facts. Click on the fact for a link to the source of information. Depending on who you are and what beliefs you have, you could take this list of facts as an attack or a support of Sarah Palin. If you have any facts to add or some facts I listed are incorrect, please let me know. Also, if there are other blogs out there that have created similar lists for the other candidates, I'll link to them.
Sarah Palin Facts:
- She has a B.S. degree in Communications-Journalism from the University of Idaho.
- She's prolife and against abortion even in rape and incest cases.
- She said in the VP debate that natural gas is green and clean.
- She's pro oil and supports drilling in the ANWR in Alaska.
- She said that there is a place in hell reserved for women who don't support other women.
- She's against gay marriage.
- She supported the bridge to nowhere and then said she didn't later.
- She has a handicapped child and went back to work 3 days after it was born.
- She is proud of her son going off to war in Iraq.
- She supports teaching creationism in schools.
- She encourages her 17 year old daughter to marry the father of her unborn child.
- She's against sexual education in schools beyond teaching abstinence until marriage.
- She's accused of inappropriately abusing her power by firing the police chief of Alaska because he wouldn't listen to her and fire her sister's ex-husband from the police force.
- She doesn't believe human activities cause climate change.
- She fights against getting polar bears off the threatened species list in Alaska.
- She has promoted aerial wolf and bear shooting.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to the Obscured Clarity RSS feed to receive new posts in a reader or via email! Please consider clicking the Google [+1] button at the top of this post too!