Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Pica Beats at The Vera Project in Seattle on Oct. 24th, 2008

The Pica ("pie-ca") Beats played an all-ages show at The Vera Project last night in Seattle. I'm not a music critic so I have nothing fancy or inspiring to say about them, but I will say I loved the music. The show started out with lead man Ryan Barrett jamming on the sitar, abandoning it after the first two songs for his guitar. Ryan's sitar playing adds delightful spine-tingling ear candy to the band's groove. Alice Sandahl, the newest member of the band, blessed the crowd with her lovely female vocals and mad tambourine skills. I picked up their CD "Beating Back the Claws of the Cold" for $10 and listened to it about 5 times in a row already. If you have a chance, go check them out. Their MySpace page has a sampling of some of their songs. Below are some pictures I took at the show, but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the sitar in action. You can find a gallery of the event here.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great music, Alice rocks!!